Our Top Pick
#1 Little Snowie 2 Max Snow Cone Machine
- Fine, Fluffy Ice – This machine creates fine, fluffy ice that’s smooth and powdery
- Includes A Snow Cone Kit – It comes with 6 flavor powder sticks, 2 mixing bottles with pour spouts, and 8 snow cone spoons.
And of course, they’re a big hit with kids. With summer fast coming up, we wanted to try the most popular and simplest snow cone makers in the market.
We’ve rounded up 3 of the best snow cone makers in the market, basing our list on 5-star reviews on Amazon.
The Top 3 Snow Cone Makers in the Market
So what are the top 3 snow cone makers in the market today? Well, we actually bought these three machines and tested them ourselves! They come in different price ranges and are some of the easiest to use.
Here are the top 3 snow cone makers in the market:
1. Cuisinart Snow Cone Maker
- Easy to Use – All you need to do is place ice cubes on the shaver, close the lid, and turn the power on. The pull-out tray under the motor catches the ice, so you don’t need to use a separate bowl.
- Works Fast – With 3 to 4 snow cones made in under a minute, this is one of the fastest snow cone makers on our list.
- Safety Features – We love the fact that the motor doesn’t work when the lid is open or when the pull-out tray is out.
- Easy to Clean – Because it has a pull-out tray that catches the ice, there is no mess at all. All we did was wipe some parts of the machine, our countertop and that’s it.
- Chunky PIeces – This is not the machine for fluffy, powder-fine shaved ice. The shaved ice we got was coarse and chunky, which is fine because that’s how snow cones should be anyway.
- Ice Cubes Need to Be Small – The ice cubes you use on this machine need to be small pieces. If you have bigger ice blocks, the ice shaver won’t crush or shave it properly, giving you larger chunks of ice.
This machine is the Waring Pro SCM100 model and features a cone tray that holds two cones, as well as a pull-out ice tray that catches the shaved ice directly from the motor.
The motor is said to be professional-grade and we were able to make about 4 snow cones in under a minute, which is quite fast. It is made of BPA plastic though, so it’s not made for commercial use.
It’s lightweight, easy to move around, and looks pretty nice on any countertop.
2. Little Snowie 2 Max Snow Cone Machine
- Fine, Fluffy Ice – This machine creates fine, fluffy ice that’s smooth and powdery. If you’re looking for a machine that makes soft snow cones, this is it.
- Easy to Use – It’s so easy to use, you can use ice straight from the freezer and no chunky ice will float around your bowl.
- Includes A Snow Cone Kit – It comes with 6 flavor powder sticks, 2 mixing bottles with pour spouts, and 8 snow cone spoons. Needless to say, it arrives at your door ready to give you and your family instant snow cones.
- Loud – This machine is loud. Everyone in the house and your party guests will know you’re your Snowie 2 shaved ice machine.
- Expensive – It’s one of the most expensive at-home snow cone makers in the market. If you’re only planning to try it out, or make a few snow cones for a weekend picnic and don’t plan on ever using it again, this is not the one for you.
You can use it with ice straight from the freezer, and it’s one of those machines that create Hawaiian-shaved ice that has an ice cream quality.
3. Hawaiian Shaved Ice Model S900A
- Easy to Use – It’s so simple to use, there are no bells and whistles. Simply throw in your ice cubes, place your bowl or cup under it, and you’re good to go.
- Compact and Lightweight – This is one of the most lightweight on our list. It was so easy to bring to our backyard, to our kitchen, and we’re even planning on bringing it to the beach since it’s small and easy to carry.
- Creates Both Fluffy and Coarse Shaved Ice – From the three machines on our list, this is the only one that can create two textures of shaved ice. We love making coarse ice for our cocktails while we loved the fluffy ice for our kids’ snow cones.
- Needs Fine-Tuning for Fluffy Ice – The first time we used it, all we got was coarse ice. It wasn’t the fine and powdery ice we expected from Hawaiian Shaved Ice. So we thought, for this low price, what did we expect, right?
This is the most affordable on our list. It comes in a 3-piece design that includes 2 round ice molds, a non-slip mat, and the machine itself.
It’s easy to use, lightweight and features a precision stainless steel blade that you can adjust. Whether you want fluffy soft ice or a chunkier and coarse texture, you can achieve both with this one machine.
You need to adjust the blade to make different textures of shaved ice.
You would need to thaw ice cubes, though for at least 5 to 7 minutes before you throw them into the machine.
What is a Snow Cone?
A snow cone is a popular dessert consisting of crunchy ice that’s molded or placed into a bowl, or cone cups, with flavored syrup, poured over it. They’re a great addition to parties, BBQs, and make for a great and fun way to enjoy time with your kids.
Snow cones and shaved ice are interchangeably used but there are major differences between the two. Snow cones are made of chunky ice while shaved ice is finer, fluffy, and has a snow-like texture.
Snow cones are supposed to have a crunchy texture but many versions are made with the use of shaved ice. When the syrup is poured, the concentrate or flavor collects at the bottom of the cone. In shaved ice, however, the syrup is distributed all throughout.
While there are differences between the two, it all boils down to your preference when it comes to the texture of the snow cone you wish to have.
Snowcone makers are also not limited to snow cone desserts but they can also be used to make slushies, ice desserts, and cocktails.
Related: We reviewed the best ice cream makers.
The Bottom Line
Snowcone machines are simple to operate, inexpensive, and make for a great machine at home for making iced desserts and cocktails.
The best snow cone maker machine for you is not the bestselling one in the market, but the best machine that meets your needs.
If you want a fast machine, then the Cuisinart is for you, with more shaved ice per hour compared to the others on our list. If you want fine, fluffy, powder quality ice in seconds, then the Snowie 2 is the best option for you. If you want a machine that can do both, then Hawaiian Shaved Ice is the most ideal.