Our Top Pick
#1 Philips Pasta and Noodle Maker Plus
- Easy to Use – Fresh flavorful pasta and noodles has never been easier.
- Works Fast – Four shaping discs to create various types of pasta and noodles
- Easy to Clean – With dishwasher-safe parts, the pasta maker can be easily setup, dismantled and cleaned.
There are manual and electric pasta makers in the market, but we believe electric makers are the most convenient and fastest way to make pasta dinners. You can choose your ingredients, experiment with different flavours and types of pasta, and proudly say you made pasta from scratch.
The Top 3 Electric Pasta Makers in the Market
We purchased three amazing pasta makers that we believe are the best in the market. We used a simple egg dough recipe to make our dough, and these are the results of what we discovered by using these three machines:
1. Philips Pasta and Noodle Maker Plus
- Easy to Use – The Philips Pasta and Noodle Maker Plus is so easy to use. Thinking about making homemade pasta at home gave me anxiety before feeding this machine because it’s tedious, labour-intensive, and it takes so much time to make pasta by hand. This machine makes pasta-making effortless.
- Works Fast – In as little as 10 minutes, we got to enjoy fresh, homemade, and healthy pasta.
- Easy to Clean – A lot of manual pasta makers made of aluminium can’t be washed. Or, some machines aren’t dishwasher safe. This machine is easy to disassemble and throw into the dishwasher.
- Bulky – At 15 pounds, we found it heavy and bulky to store. It might not be ideal for small apartments.
- Takes Time to Learn – While we were lucky enough to make a great batch of spaghetti on our first try, it wasn’t always the case with the subsequent pasta we made. There were instances where the dough was too wet, too sticky, and the extruded dough was not as perfect as we liked. It did take us some time to learn how to measure the ingredients correctly, and you would also need to learn the perfect timing of adding up the ingredients inside the machine.
This electric pasta maker makes the homemade pasta making process so much easier. We bought this because it promises to make pasta in as little as 10 minutes with minimal manual effort.
All you need to do is put all your ingredients inside the pasta maker, and it does everything. It mixes, kneads, and extrudes the dough in only a few minutes, and you’ve got perfectly homemade pasta with ingredients of your choosing.
And so, when it arrived, we immediately got to work. We cleaned it first, of course. All the parts of this machine are dishwasher-safe, so we love that, too. We placed all parts in the dishwasher and waited for them to dry.
We then assembled the pieces, which was surprisingly easy to do. We used the egg pasta dough recipe, which we found in the recipe book that comes with the machine. Measuring cups are also included, which are designed to work with the recipes in the book.
We also had to choose between 4 discs, which can create different pasta shapes, from spaghetti, penne, lasagna, and fettuccini. We chose the spaghetti option because that’s what our kids wanted.
And so, using the measuring cups, we added the flour and other ingredients. We then added the liquid ingredients such as the water and the eggs. Once all the ingredients were inside, we programmed the machine for one batch of pasta. All we had to do was wait for the machine to mix and knead the dough, and after 10 minutes, it started extruding spaghetti. The first 2 inches of the spaghetti wasn’t perfect, but it eventually formed perfect pasta after.
Surprisingly, we were able to cook our pasta al dente in as little as 5 minutes, and we loved how it turned out.
Overall, the Philips and Noodle Maker Plus is an excellent investment if you’re planning on making homemade pasta frequently.
2. Marcato Atlas Pasta Machine with Electric Motor Attachment
- Easy to Use – It would help if you put the dough on the machine and start rolling and cutting.
- Easy to Clean – There’s no need to disassemble any parts. It would help if you waited till the dough dries and wipe it down with a damp cloth. It doesn’t need to be washed with water.
- Safe – The machine’s body is nickel and chrome-plated, so there’s no worry of rust or corrosion.
- The Motor is Slow – I expected the motor to work fast, but actually, it was slow. I’ve tried using the hand crank on the pasta maker, and I think manual cranking is even faster.
- Limited Variety – You can only make three kinds of pasta with this machine.
We didn’t want to use the hand crank because it takes time and effort to make pasta at home. We wanted to try the Marcato Atlas 150 with the motor attachment so we wouldn’t have to do all the work.
What we love about this machine is it’s easy to use. There’s a dial where you can choose the thickness of the pasta you like, from 2 ½ mm to 0. You can make anything from spaghetti to fettuccini to angel hair and lasagna with different thickness options.
The body of the pasta maker is nickel-plated and chrome-plated, which means they won’t rust. The Marcato Atlas 150 is one of the company’s “Wellness” line of products that ensure there are no metal residues on your pasta.
While making pasta with this machine is not as effortless as the Philips machine, it does create denser pasta. This is because we did the mixing and kneading ourselves before putting the dough into the roller. We could make the dough dry, or with a little more moisture, so I think that manually mixing it would be a better option in customizing your dough.
All we had to do once our dough was ready was place a dough ball through the rollers, and the machine started to roll and cut our pasta. The motor was not as fast as we expected. It rolls and cuts the dough slowly, allowing us to guide the pasta with our hands.
I made enough pasta for 4 to 6 people in about 30 minutes from the time I placed the dough on the machine.
The Marcato Atlas Pasta Machine with Electric Motor Attachment is a bestselling machine in pasta makers. It’s easy to use, you can customize the thickness of your pasta, and you can remove the motor if you want to use it manually instead.
It’s great for anyone who wants to make more controlled pasta density and thickness.
3. KitchenAid KSMPRA Pasta Roller and Cutter Attachments Set
- Super Easy to Use – It’s so easy to attach them to the KitchenAid stand mixer. Once it’s there, please turn on the power, and place your dough through the roller, and that’s it.
- Solid and Durable – KitchenAid is a high-quality producer of appliances with a reputation for high standards and top-quality materials and make. We love the fact that we know we’re buying something that will last for a long time.
- Compatible Only with a KitchenAid Stand Mixer – You need to have a KitchenAid Stand Mixer to use these pasta maker attachments. While they probably attach to other mixers brands, it’s always a good idea to use it the way it was designed, which is using it with the KitchenAid Mixer only. Some users had reported that when they attached them to another mixer brand, they assumed a secure and locked attachment, only to find out that once the mixer started, the attachments broke off and fell to the table.
What we loved about this product is that it looks so simple and easy to use. We assumed from reading reviews and just by looking at the attachments, and yes, we were right.
We made our basic egg dough, which we followed from a recipe in a booklet that comes with the product. You need to make a flat 6″ width sheet of dough to make spaghetti and fettuccine.
There are three attachments: one is a pasta roller, and two are cutters, one for the spaghetti and the other for the fettuccine. We didn’t have to flatten the dough ourselves because we made it pass through the pasta roller to create our smooth and dense flat sheet. We probably had it go through the pasta roller two times to get the smooth texture we wanted.
Next, we removed the pasta roller attachment and placed the spaghetti roller, which was a breeze to switch to. We then turned on speed two on the stand mixer, placed our flat sheet through the top of the cutter, and voila, all we had to do was place a tray beneath the attachment and catch the perfectly cut spaghetti pasta.
You can also customize the thickness of your pasta via the thickness adjustment. You can make about eight different thicknesses for your pasta.
The stand mixer is quite powerful, so it works fast. You might not be able to catch it with your hands alone, so placing a tray beneath the attachment is ideal so the pasta won’t splatter all over your table or countertop.
The KitchenAid Pasta Roller and Cutter Attachment Set was a smart purchase for my family. It’s easy to use; even my kids enjoyed placing the dough through the pasta roller and forming it into smooth and soft flat sheets. They took turns rolling the dough, and the other was catching it from underneath. If you have a KitchenAid Stand Mixer and you want to have a pasta maker, get this attachment set, and you’ll be happy that you did.
How to Choose the Best Pasta Maker for You
There are bestselling pasta makers out there, such as the Marcato Atlas Pasta Machine and the Philips Pasta Maker but the best one for you is the one that meets your needs, your time, and your budget.
You might want to have a manual pasta maker but don’t have the time to make your dough, or you may want an electric pasta maker that does it all. Still, you want to have more control over your pasta, so choosing the best machine that fits your needs, your personality, and your schedule is key to enjoying the best buy.
For more variety of pasta, having different dies or cutters all in one product will give you more pasta shapes and the ability to create different pasta recipes.
For durability purposes, stainless steel is one of the best materials because it’s rust and corrosion-resistant. Electric pasta makers are also more ideal today and age because they work faster and more efficiently.
The Bottom Line
There’s nothing more satisfying than making your homemade fresh pasta at home. While they may take more time to prepare, you can have the option of choosing your ingredients, helping you make better choices.
Electric pasta makers are the better option over manual pasta makers. They save you time and effort and can extrude pasta that’s enough for a small family in as little as 10 to 30 minutes.
And best of all, you can include the entire family in your homemade pasta-making process, creating an enjoyable dinner preparation at home.